Five Sci-Fi Movies I can watch over and over again:
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back. I was hooked the moment the AT-ATs stepped out of the mist on Hoth. Years later, while playing Star Wars: Battlefront, the same thing happened and I nearly wet myself with excitement. . .and then ran like hell.
- WALL-E. I’ve cried at all the tragically lovely parts of this film so often that now I only have to look at the DVD case and my eyes fill up.
- Aliens. Don’t get me wrong, I love Alien but Aliens brought a whole pack of punch that made me crawl out from behind the sofa and reach for the popcorn.
- Forbidden Planet. I find this movie equally innocent and sinister, and love the way the previous alien inhabitants are never shown. There’s only the machinery, and the doorways, left to have you guessing how they might have looked.
- Starship Troopers. I can’t quite put my finger on why I like this movie so much. I think the art direction is strong, and I have a soft spot for Casper but, whatever it is, this has become one of my most-reached-for movies when I’m doing the ironing!