Five Star Friday – Writing Edition
- The developmental edit of Memory of Water is underway and will complete in roughly 5 weeks. I’m working with Victoria Mixon and we spent 5 hours talking through the manuscript last night, teasing out the complexities in the relationships and working how to contrast them to maximum effect. I’m excited about this edit. Really excited.
- I attended my first Polari event on Tuesday evening. Polari is a gay literary salon. I didn’t know what to expect going in but I sure as hell had a smile on my face on the way out. It was a lot of fun and the stand-out moment for me was Terry Ronald reading from Becoming Nancy. I laughed until I cried.
- I got my tax return papers! This may not seem like a significant thing to report but it’s the first official recognition that I’m a self-employed writer (at least part of the time).
- Which segues neatly into an update on my application to go part-time at my day job. Only one more approval is required and it’s a done deal. This is a huge change for me because I don’t have a partner to take up any financial slack, but I know it’s a step toward a better balance in my life.
- Oh, and I’m going to reading at London’s Royal Festival Hall in July. I got collared by Polari‘s organiser, Paul Burston, on Twitter and said “yes” without considering what a massive undertaking it’s going to be. I’ll post the date when it’s pinned down. If you can make it, it would be great to see you.
This entry was posted in five star friday
. Bookmark the permalink